Walden Financial Services

The shortest path to earning your degree is to stay focused on your studies, we know you have a lot to manage so it helps to plan-ahead. Check your financial aid status and student account each term to make sure you are on track.

Go the "help" icon on your student portal to live chat with a representative. To speak with a representative by phone call 800-925-3368.

Walden Title IV School Code

Walden's Title IV Code is 025042. You must renew your FAFSA application with the new FAFSA year.  Check Fafsa.gov to ensure your application is completed for the current year.

View Financial Aid status and track progress

Go to the myFinAid portal to view your financial aid status and review any additional documents or actions that are required for your application. You will also see updates on your individual financial aid progress in the Digital Coach section of your myWalden student portal.

What happens if my payment is past due?

Once your payment is past due, a hold will be placed on your account that could prevent future registration or obtaining any Walden official documents such as transcripts or diplomas.  For more information about your account or to make a payment go to the Student Financial Portal. If you would like to discuss financial options with one of our financial account managers, please reach out to our Bursar's Office. Domestic1-877-302-5504 or email [email protected]. International: +31 20 719 2596 (Option 4) or email [email protected]

How can I tell that Walden has received my FAFSA application?

Visit the myFinAid portal and go to the "Documents" tab found in the menu.

What will happen to my financial aid if I fail a class?

If you fail a class, your financial aid account will have to be reviewed for Return of Title IV Funding. If you fail a class that financial aid has paid for, the participation percentage in the term will automatically be reviewed. If the percentage is less than 60%, a portion of the financial aid that you received will be returned to the lender. This could create a balance on your account that you would be responsible for paying back to Walden.

I was notified that I was offered financial aid, what should I do next?

Once you are notified that you were offered financial aid you must accept the offer and complete any outstanding documents if you decide to use financial aid to fund all or part of your tuition. You can complete these steps on the myFinAid portal.

How do I set up the method of payment for any financial aid refund amounts?

You can set up or change the method of payment for any eligible financial aid refund amounts by visiting your myWalden student portal, select the "Services Tab", and "Manage Your Refund" (US students only) . You will be able to update your address or direct deposit information.

Where can I view my account balance?

Go to the Student Financial Portal portal to view your student account, make a payment, set up payment arrangements, view invoice and transaction history.

Will participation in my program affect financial aid?

Yes. You must continue to participate in your courses to ensure you receive the entire amount of federal financial aid that has been offered to you. Here is a link to your classroom, you can also access your classroom from your myWalden student portal.  

How can I set up automatic payments or make a payment plan?

Go to the Financial Portal and directly on the dashboard under the make a payment button you will see "create a payment plan". Select from one of the plan options in the drop down, and select your payment method.

What are the academic requirements to maintain Financial Aid eligibility?

In most cases you must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA as a graduate student and a 2.0 cumulative GPA if you are an undergraduate student in addition to a 67% course completion rate to be eligible to receive financial aid. Note: all students must be within their maximum time-frame for program completion to be eligible.